View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltanbod View Post
Hi Frank,this Zoleco project that i have undertaken is my enduring lifes passion,it is an endeavour that is Herculean in scope.I'm sure you can appreciate the amount of time it takes to design and create a car from scratch.I have the experiance,passion and ability to put a working prototype on the road.If i continue to fund the project without any investers my eta would about eight years.I need to get this car into the forefront and prove it's abilities sooner than that i hope.Who better to get involved in such a unique car project than a celebrity,they like unique eye opening things and have the income stream to support ventures like mine.The production facility set up is a chicken and egg thing,i must get the prototype to the Sema show and the Detoit auto show ,gauge feedback and take orders.Then decide what size building will suite.If you have a great idea on how to get this thing rolling let me know.Thanks Zoltan.
Absolutely, I can and do appreciate the scope of such a project.

Here, unsugarcoated, are some of the parts that trouble me:

At first it was to seat four, later on it doesn't quite.

It's supposed to have an energy recovery system of some sort... well? What sort?

It's supposed to have modular options for different powertrains... well? What powertrains?

How fast is it?

How quick is it?

How many mpg does it give?

It's claimed to be aero, but we lack any supporting evidence, not even a frontal area value.

Sure doesn't look like it's going to be light.

Why use carbon fiber AND a space frame? Is the shell a structural member or not?

Why make body molds before a prototype has even run? Do you really think there will be no changes?

Some of the comments about where components are to be located make me question your understanding of chassis dynamics, especially as they relate to trikes.

As far as selling the concept, I thought the videos were sort of like Chinese water torture. What exactly is here that is supposed to make me want this over the Swift donor car???

Why are you going on about a venture when you have essentially nothing but a shell? Were I to follow through on my dream car build, I'd build it, refine it, have performance and other specs in hand, THEN THEN THEN hound everybody for "investing" and buying stratospherically priced initial builds. UNLESS, of course, all your interested in is grabbing start-up cash. Like Aptera. Moeller air car. Etc. Etc.

Hey, with this amount of vagueness you're gonna get the hard questions sooner or later...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
shovel (02-17-2010), TEiN (02-21-2010)