View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvit View Post
frank, listen. i;m not picking on you.
the statements "costly hand-builts", "nearly completed", "little money", "few weeks work if he wanted to", "true motivation".
these are all relevant to what? relevant to frank? he has another life. the video clearly states he works on the car on sundays.
your words cut. what you convey may cause someone to hold back an ounce of potential. that ounce could cause a landslide towards positive direction.

get off your arse and do it the frank-lee-way. show the world the right way is your way. i'm sure you can do more than just removing all the seats from your tempo for weight reduction.
They are relevant because they show what the true motivation is.

See, if the true motivation was to build this car he'd be talking about, and finishing, the car.

Look, I totally support projects such as this. Yes! It's true! And I totally will pick apart thinly disguised money making schemes too- think Aptera, K&N, Palmear, etc. If there would have been no mention of money and grandiose plans, and all the vids were devoted to the vehicle, I would have shown 99% support right from the get-go.

There are some of the classic red flags in the vids and in the posts- crazy and ambiguous claims for one. Tell me, what did you see that you thought was patent worthy? I musta missed it.

Last edited by Frank Lee; 02-17-2010 at 11:21 PM..