View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Spotted New Focus in Detroit?

I like to travel to Detroit (apart from the traffic) simply to perhaps catch a glimpse of something new going on in the car industry.

So, Thursday night around 10:30, I was driving from Detroit Metro Airport to Toledo. On I-275 just south of I-94, an interesting little car entered the highway on-ramp.

It looked like the 2011 Euro-Spec Ford Focus 3-door, with Manufacturer Plates (no disguise wrapping). I looked over at the vehicle and they fell back. In the 70 mph zone, they stayed 5-car lengths back ranging in speeds from 65, down to 55, up to 60 -- the same: 5 lengths behind. Too dark to take a photo. They then signalled way early for the Pinnacle Park Race Track exit and took the offramp. Darn!

I'm pretty sure it was a prototype of sorts, out for testing. It was definitely a Ford, with the signature flat/angular tail-lights of the Euro-spec Focus and triangular headlight assembly and turn signal locations up front and in the lower mirror.

So what does it mean? Heck, I don't know -- but it was fun to imagine!

RH77

_
_