View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Frank -

What is your solution? Are you in favor of the Chinese One Child Policy? As usual, mine is edumacation.

CarloSW2
I don't necessarily agree with one child per person, or licensed procreation, but the way people act and react stems more from the values they're taught growing up.

To that end, I suggest that people start getting smart about how they act around their children, and think about what kind of information or attitude they're passing on with their actions.

Families like the Duggar family, who seem to think it's amusing to have (now 19) children are just ridiculous, and I don't care who disagrees. There is no way that just the parents are capable of caring for all those children properly, and giving them the attention and love that they need. Sure, the other children can help, but it's not the same, not even a little bit. And, because they're breeding (quite literally) like rabbits, they get a TV show?!? What is this nonsense? This is bordering on the same issue in schools where children who are supposed to be learning can't get the attention and help they need and deserve because there are up to 30-40 kids in a class with only one teacher. It's not quite as bad, granted, but now we're also talking about at home, and all the time, not just a few hours a week in school.

People don't seem to understand that almost nobody in the world learns by listening as much as seeing.

OTM -

My Father gave me the same advice, except in different words -
"A condom's cheaper than a marriage license."