View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #105 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
Living on the outskirts of a developed area then complaining when development continues doesn't strike me as living in the boonies. If you two were both really in the boonies then y'all shouldn't have to worry about development.
You realize that development isn't subject to proximity to previous development, right?

There is nothing to say that someday, someone won't buy the plot of land right next to yours, and sell it to some company looking to build a small town in the area for some reason or another.

So far, it's failed, but there were "city folk" trying to buy up pieces of land around here to develop and divide them into "usable sub-plots". Until recently, the addresses here were still rural. They're ES-type addresses now (street addresses, even though some of the mail boxes are 1/4 mile or more from the houses they belong to, on a completely different road.).

A friend of mine bought property on a private island near Florida to get away from "advancement". I never see him anymore, and don't even know if he's alive. But at least he won't have to worry about "development" anymore.