View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
What kind of FE jump can we figure on?
Its well, rather large. But it depends on the motor, old iron like buick 3.8's Dodges v6/v8's and 350's respond better than newer smaller motors.

I personally fear the stuff myself, inhaled nap powder CAN kill you afterall.

Test it if you wonder use the amount I specify, key is it MUST be powdered and dissolved in the gas before you pour it in, until I find a hands off way of doing it NEVER again! I ruined a set of gloves, a pot, a pillow sham (too keep it from flying in my face) and some other crapola during my test.

And yes If I find a SAFE way of doing so I will do it again on my OBDII stuff.

Not even getting in the proper amount I was up 20% on that tank, in other words it would pay for the $2 a box cost especially as fuel continues on the way above $2.00 Very few additives I know of that pay for themselves plus a little more.

And the only thing a little nap will do is if you don't dissolve it, it can clog your fuel filter. It was used in our gas during WWII in rather large amounts Also on vehicles that are not OBDII it can and will fowl spark plugs and exhaust ports unless you retime the thing.

Personally too much risk to improve FE but worthwhile if you have a safe way of powdering/mixing the stuff.

Cheers