View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #3136 (permalink)
ludiagsm
EcoModding Lurker

Hello great job you have here, My name is Ivailo Minikov from East Europe country Bulgaria ,Sofia city

I have some EV projects two bicycles and one BMW E36 here i have some info about them: wwwDOTevalbumDOTcom/3027

Now i want to make controller for series starter dc motor. I am using starter motor for a second electric bicycle and that thing runs on 12 volts with one button and one relay .
Yesterday i spend many hours building a dc controller.
I am not using PIC because i can't program it . I am using old chip with build in shim modulator. TL494
and mosfet driver tc4422

I have some success with one 400w dc motor with permanent magnets i drive it well watching in my oscilloscope. I test it on 30khz and it runs well.

After that i try it on starter dc motor and the schottky diode that i am using start smoking and after 3-4 seconds burned After that and four irf540 too and tc4422 driver too you know how it is .
Now i made some tests with lower frequency maybe 4khz here is video : wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=5tmLC2JFfeE

I want to ask you what frequency is recommended for series dc motors ? Thank you for your time