View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
I have better things to do with my time. I guess if your time isn't worth much than you can spend it doing this. I don't see the cost benefit playing out. And that's not counting the fact that all the water you use to "wash" your gas, is now toxic waste, and I have my doubts that you are disposing of it legally.
If it's fact, you'll have no trouble providing evidence?

Ethanol is biodegradable... and the only other ingredients will be whatever was in the water to begin with as contaminants, some of which are surely much worse than any amount of ethanol he could dump in the back yard, such as (depending on location) the drugs that people dump down the toilet when they've expired, which water treatment plants are now admitting they're not equipped to handle.

Gasoline, being an oil, will not actually mix with water, so it can't contaminate "Wash" water.

If oils and waters would mix without a catalyst, you'd be able to yell at everyone that makes their own bio-diesel, as well. They wash with water to get the soap/fat out of the batch, and the remaining product can simply be washed down the drain, if one so desired.

And they wonder why I don't drink "clean city water supply" water.