View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
I called aqua water first and asked them if it was ok to pour water alcohol mixes down the drain. They said yes no problem won't harm anything unless I was pouring down industrial quantities (fire hazard then). So I pour it right down the drain. I will be pouring down a max of 2-3 gallons total over a period of weeks.

If they told me no my next plan was to take it to a local gas station he already told me I could dump it into his "waste tank" which is exactly what it is their for.

You may not think it is worth your time. Ever change a fuel pump? No? they you have no idea how much my time is worth. Changing tank pumps SUCKS and sucks BIG and those fraking things are expensive even if you do it yourself.

Now in all likelyhood I should not lose any more pumps. I have ZERO doubt IE I am 100% certain that the ethanol killed my fuel pumps. But any pump I buy to replace them with SHOULD be ethanol safe (I hope) Especially the Clubwagon damned pump was fraking $140 !!! (just the pump)

my god if I did not have the means to do these pumps myself...... The cost would have EXCEEDED THE VALUE of some of my cars!

after all that then let us look into the MONEY ethanol is costing me. I now burn 572 MORE gallons of gasoline every year. (I burn $4000 a year in gasoline)

Thats $1504 per year EXTRA in gasoline because of ethanol. SO you think a few weekends testing tinkering (which btw is FUN for me so its not even work) is worth $1504 every year?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nerys For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (01-30-2016)