View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
OK the experiment begins. I decided to start off a little slower :-) I was going to run it empty and fill it up but I am really worried about the unknown amount of water it might hold in solution and the other chemicals I likely removed/disturbed in the fuel.

SO my current tank was 425miles on 8.9 gallons so still holding around my 50mpg mark (last two days was lots of rain and heavy heavy winds which is why I only got 49.3mpg most likely)

SO what is in my gas tank right now?

2 gallons of left over 87 octane E10
7 gallons of E0 at an estimated 84 octane
1.6 gallons of 92 Premium E10 from wawa.

more than enough E0 that I should see a pretty big jump in FE if my assumptions are correct but hopefully enough regular gas and premium to keep the chemical mix happy and the octane within range of not pissing off the mouse :-)

We shall see in 3 or 4 days. or if I really see a big improvement 5 or 6 days :-)

Driving style should not be a factor since I am pretty darned "maxed out" limiting myself to 45mph as much as possible etc.. etc..

so if anything changes in driving style will hurt my results not help them plus IF I see the giant gain I am expecting to see driving style would not be able to explain the difference.

OR I might see no change at all. Thats why I am doing it. To find out :-)