View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
If you're anything like me, you will immediately become obsessive about these events the minute this one is over. I expect that you will find yourself disappointed if you're unable to make any future local economy runs.

Yes, we will all be part of the "non-sanctioned" run. The actual SCCA rally is a time-distance rally, and seems pretty boring to me, but to each his own - many people would find driving really slowly around a lake boring.

Even if I furnished you with a car to run with?
In all honesty, I had originally planned on talking to you about this very idea. However, due to the circumstances, I think it would be prudent to spend the majority of the day with my family, and meet up with the fellow forum members later on at lunch/dinner time, after the runs have finished.

I haven't had a good chance to take my wife somewhere interesting in quite awhile, and I can't see myself taking her there, then leaving her with our Son and possibly my Father while I go off to drive at a snail's pace around the lake.

As much as that sounds fun, I think I'll bow out of this one... maybe next year.

But, it does seem like we'll be able to cameo... We'll work at it one step at a time?