View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
KITT222 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
I did notice the several engine options the several times I type .co.uk into the search bar. The Cruze alone has i think 8 variations (auto transmission options were included as a variation) and here in America there's i think 6 for the Cobalt, auto tranny option included as a variation.Only thing is that a few of the Cruze engines dont have an auto option. They have like 4 diesels. Thats why they have more motor options than we do. Wow. Who'd thought that a larger engine was lighter, cheaper, and easier to manage. I know about those micro 'city cars' I call them. The Matiz gets excellent fuel economy, but its for those in the city because of its size. Problem is, we arent an urban country, we have freeways. Lots and lots of freeways. People want to get to point B faster and faster. Cars would be faster and more economical if they stayed smaller. The Cobalt is my example. Its larger, and more efficient than its predecessor, the Cavalier. Just imagine how great the fuel economy would be if they just re-did the car in the same size as the Cavi? The 'car bloat' leads each car to be bigger and bigger, yet more efficient than the last. If they were to stay small, imagine how great fuel economy would be!
I think this is a good example of the USA Ford Focus :

Two engines, same displacement, 2 trannys, leaving 4 configurations. Now here's the UK Focus :

8 different engine displacements, 7 gas configurations and 6 diesel configurations for 13 total configurations.

And here's the Opel Astra :

[EDIT: I swapped the picture out because I mixed up the Volt and Cruze engine. Modified image below. Sorry!!!!]

5 engine displacements, 7 gas configurations and 5 diesel configurations for 12 total configurations.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society

Last edited by cfg83; 04-07-2010 at 10:53 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfg83 For This Useful Post:
bwilson4web (04-02-2010), KITT222 (04-02-2010)