View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
jkp1187
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
if you DRIVE consistently and gently you should still be able to get a nice consistent fuel average. First thing to do is only use ONE gas station. The fuel varies hugely from station to station by ethanol content at least around me it does. I have measured asd low as 6-8% at wawa and as high as 13% at joe's gas. Sunoco on 73 used to be 6-8% like wawa then they started to get 10-11% so I stopped going their.

the other thing is NEVER partial fill. always run it till the low fuel light comes on if you have one and if you know it works right (in my club wagon when the low fuel light came on it was already too late you were out of gas :-) hehe I did that once sitting in line at the gas station. Some punk cuts in front of me so I have to wait longer the low fuel light comes on and 30 second later engine dies :-) out of gas. Lot of good that light did me :-) hehehe
I hate waiting until the low fuel light comes on.... generally, I fill when it gets between 1/2 and 1/4 tank, although I ALWAYS fill it up every time I buy gas.

I almost always drive consistently, so no problems there, I thought you meant a consistent route. (Though my wife has a different driving style, so can't really control for that.)

My Fuelly profile is here if you wanted to see what I've recorded so far... The notes section is broken into: odometer; MPG according to on-board computer; average speed according to on-board computer; station/fuel type; whether fuel was e10 or not; other misc. notes

jkp1187's profile | Fuelly

Last edited by jkp1187; 04-03-2010 at 11:44 AM..