View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
How did the water get in the carbs? you say you have gas flowing but how do you know? how good is the gas you have?
I'm pretty sure you have a vacuum operated fuel valve on the gas tank, water in the gas messes with the valve and they need to be cleaned out before they work right again.
So first thing I would do is make sure that you really have gas getting in to the carbs, good fresh gas, gasoline has a 6 month shelf life so if it's over 6 months old you might be able to dump it in your cars gas tank, diluting it enough that it will get used up, next thing is, if you had water in the carbs and it froze you ruined your carbs, if the water was in the carbs for more then a few weeks it's caused corrosion and is plugging the carbs up, you can either clean this out your self or take the carbs off, take them in to the motorcycle shop and pay them to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPlastic View Post
Just replaced the battery, drained some water out of the carbs, and checked the spark plugs(two had a little oil on them). She's got gas pumping, sparks firing, and the starter is clearly turning the engine. She doesn't even puff once. If it helps, just before she quit working when I would start her up cold she would sound like a V-twin. Once she warmed up she was fine. What am I missing?