View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #123 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Couple of things...

First..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
FYI, we have a discussion forum on sourceforge for OpenGauge
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=801345
I exchanged PMs with dcb about sourceforge, and we decided based on the number of EM people who signed up there (4), compared to the number who have contributed to this thread (lots more than 4) that we're going to host the development thread here.

Tomorrow I'm going to add a new forum to EM: "Instrumentation" and start the development thread.

I'll also comb the forums and move all the relevant threads about the MID/SG/vac gauges etc. into the new forum.

dcb asked if I can make it so non-reg'd visitors can post in the OG/MPGuino thread. I can do that, if I make the opengauge/mpguino thread in a subforum of "Instrumentation". Just to clarify, were you asking for that so people who see it at sourceforge can post?

-----

Second: This evening I assembled my freeduino kit. Took me around an hour and a half. Captain slow! I discovered an omission in the assembly instructions at freeduino.org, but it's not rocket science.

For those who are thinking of making their own, I'll post a DIY tomorrow as well.

I'm happy to say it went relatively smoothly, and I just did my "hello world!" equivalent first program and it works! Woo!

I've never done anything like this before, so it's a good sign for others who are wondering if they're up to the task.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget