View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Question Avenging the Sebring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
If all goes well I'll be heading home tomorrow so I filled tonight. The totals 126.1 miles and it took 4.89 gallons for over 25 MPG This was all city driving with trips in the 1-3 mile range with the engine never really getting up to temp.

RH77(HW77) I don't know why this is so much better then the Dodge but as for now I give it 2 . It's a great platform. I'll post numbers for the return in a couple of days.
For those who don't know, I've lately become "HeadWind77". Bob Seger said it best (check the sig).

No joke, this morning we had 40-50 sustained and 60mph gusts on trash day. My lid is somewhere in Iowa and the big, heavy roller bins ended up at the fence at the end of the street.

Back to the car...

I need to drive the new Sebring to get a feel for it. Everything I've read says that the new Avenger and Sebring are virtually identical except for the sheetmetal (which is very similar in Cd).

Sourced from AllPar.com,

Quote:
According to Automotive News, the Avenger and Sebring are identical under the styling; the suspension settings are even the same on the base and midrange models! All wheel drive is available on the Avenger R/T, but not on the Sebring at all. They noted that the front dash panel, a part of the rear floor pan, and other components were shared with the Caliber/Compass. Mercedes supplied seat structures (stiff as a board!) and electronics.

Chrysler wrote that the Sebring’s JS platform is derived from the GS [Caliber/Compass/Patriot] platform but is wider and longer; they said they started with the Mitsubishi platform but found it unsuited to their needs. Many parts are shared among vehicles on the two platforms, and a high level of flexibility has been engineered into the assembly process. If demand is strong, the Chrysler group can assemble the Sebring and Avenger at its Belvidere plant. Conversely, Chrysler can assemble the Caliber and its Jeep siblings in the Sterling Heights plant.
Interesting. I after reading up more on it, the interior noise level with all of the wind was rather low. It's an "OK" car, I'm mostly upset with the effort vs. FE (which I tend to focus on in reviews more these days).

Back to the Sebring...

Here's the data on it.

Check to see if yours had the Bridgestone Turanza tires. That may be a difference.

But alas, I recall the days of the of vacations in the Sebring Convertible:

Cheesy Vacation Rental Car Pic

Maybe it was because I was on vacation and not working that I liked it better

OK thread hijack over. Carry on.

_
_