View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #76 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Do yourself a favor before you follow those pinout diagrams (unless you found one specifically for an HF)
Do yourself a favor and get me a pinout for an 88 HF! Or else!

</sass>

The 88 HF repair manual I have has a big diagram with all the wire routing in addition to the pinout. I don't see EGR anywhere on the diagram though :-/

I'm kicking myself now because I forgot my CF card today when I was working, so I have no pics... A shame because I got a lot done.

I learned how to use and used for the first time:
Oxygen/Acetylene torch
Plasma Cutter
MIG welder

I made a totally custom (like totally, bro) pass. side mount, and a little reinvention of the driver side mount. I still have to make a rear mount, but I have a plan for that. I made a custom plate to mate the metro shift linkage with the crx because the solid bit of the CRX linkage is on the pass. side of the center of the car, but the metro's is on the driver's side... this is an irreconcilable difference when it comes to shift linkage, so I really won't have any use at all for the crx's shift linkage - oh well! Even though the two cars have the same track width, and the distance between the unibody around the engine bay is 1 1/2" wider in the CRX, things just worked out with the engine fitting best such that I had to chop only my pass side axle in half and make a pipe sheath. That wasn't too bad. The wheel hubs on the metro are also apparently wider than the crx, so I had to make some fancy huge washers to compensate for the extra splines sticking out - if I hadn't done this, the outer part of the axles would be able to move back and forth in the hub.

That's about it... I'll post some pictures tomorrow then - they will explain more than my words here. Sleepytime.