View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #94 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Just my opinion, but I still wouldn't even bother using the Metro's harness. It's just too much to strip out both harnesses and make one of the two, versus just moving some wires around under the hood and re-pinning the entire ECM plug for the wires you need (which you'll probably have to do anyway).

You have to remember that the ECM's probably don't mount in the same places, the wires are all going to lead to a different location, etc... That's why I say it's almost universally easier to adapt the harness in the vehicle to the engine you're installing.

What needs to be wired up on the XFi engine?

1 or 2 injectors, a couple of sensors, some sending units. All the wiring you need is already in the engine harness that came w/ the HF, and then some.

Check out a wiring diagram for both vehicles, and change the wires that you connect to the sensors on the engine at the ECM side to the pinouts they'd be attached to at the XFi's ECM, and mount the XFi's ECM in the OE location from the CRX. The wiring should literally take a couple hours, not all day.

(Ok, you've never done this type of wiring before, so all day isn't out of the question, especially if you're not specifically familiar with either (or both) car(s))