View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
All the wiring you need is already in the engine harness that came w/ the HF, and then some.
Although I have to go to gary's tonight again anyway to get a #$%^ oil check valve, and I could technically get a harness up there, the engine part of the harness is not there. The metro harness is lanky enough to run from the pass. side, "approach" the engine from the driver's side, and do its thing with only having to lengthen one or two plug wires. The next thing will be figuring out how to do those "returns" (that smaller ~8 pin plug on the driver's side strut tower), and also figuring out the wiring for the things that aren't on the harness like the ign coil, resistor box, and I think the MAP sensor? that teeny little thing mounted to the firewall with a few tubes running in/out of it.

I'm gonna go ahead and skip the block heater for now. Stupid thing didn't come with the required tees or tubing, and advance/autozone don't have sh!t for elbows/tees. Need to extend the lines that go to the evap canister because I'm using the honda one, mounted on the opposite side from where it is on the metro. I wish you were here Christ I'll figure it out...Hope I have enough time for break-in.