View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #107 (permalink)
Gasoline Fumes
Too many cars

CRXFi - '88 Honda CRX XFi

Insight 256 - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights

Insight 5342 (no IMA) - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 66.3 mpg (US)
The vacuum nipple for the booster is on the back of the intake manifold, pointing at the firewall.

Just concentrate on one wire at a time. One side of the resistor receives power from the FI relay through a wht/blu wire. The other side of the resistor goes to the injector through a yellow wire. And the injector is already connected to the ECU through the engine harness.

For the ignition, I'd use the CRX's distributor wires for the coil. I'm basing the Honda wiring on a 1990 Civic Wagon service manual, so I can't guarantee compatibility with your CRX. It looks like the power for the coil on the Honda is the blk/yel wire. Connect this to the positive terminal on the Metro coil (which would've originally had a blk/wht wire). There's a 2-wire "noise suppression condenser" that should also be connected to the coil positive wire. The other side of the condenser gets grounded. The negative coil terminal (brn/wht wire) gets connected to the ECU through the engine harness at the connector under the hood. It's a brown wire in the engine harness. Also connected to the negative coil terminal (brn/wht wire again) is the 3-wire "noise suppression filter." The black wire on the filter gets grounded. And the brn wire on the filter goes to the tachometer, which appears to be a blue wire on the Honda harness.
2006 Honda Insight (parts car)
1988 Honda CRXFi
1994 Geo Metro