View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
pgmomni
Camry MPG Modder

Camry CE - '00 Toyota Camry CE
90 day: 36.18 mpg (US)
tks for the replys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
test
Today we (15 yr old son and I) made the Camry a Unibrow! Removed passenger wiper arm/blade and install a 26" blade on the drivers side. Jack says it sucks from his side but from where I sit its fine! lol

We also install Monroe quick struts as the left rear strut was leaking and car was "twitchy" at 75-80 when changing lanes.

As I spend like 90% of my driving time at Interstate speeds aero is where my gains are going to come from.

There is a "special election" here in town to replace a Selectman who is leaving office mid term. Lots of "free" coroplast sign-age about after the May 22nd vote!

The whole under body is a mess.

Current have tires at 38F, 36 rear. Will try 40/38 next trip. They have a max inflation of 51!

As I drive 4+ hrs at a time too hard a tire can make me weary and makes my old spine bones ache.

Hopefully next weekend I can get to "install" the mud flaps in the front of the wheel wells and try some flat makeshift hub caps. I really want to quantify/justify the expense of $120 for the fancy brushed stainless steel racing full moon hubcaps.
Figured I would try makeshift 15" coroplast flats hubcaps first. Problem I have too is sometimes i park/overnite in areas where the full moon/racing hubcaps might get swiped.

Pete