View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
I'm glad to see more and more are picking up the stealthy mods. I feel the more the mods blend in, the more likely others will be willing to accept them as just another part of the car with an MPG bonus!
I'm not even running with that clear upper grill block anymore. It ended up cracking, so I put some black coroplast on there shaped the same as the grill. Here's a picture of it at the AMEC run last november, but I don't normally run it with all that tape or those big air dams

I got over the mod "blending in" thing pretty quickly. If I kept my aero mods painted nice and black all the time (the black paint on the coroplast has peeled off a bit from removing that tape) I guess some could argue that it looks nice and blended or "cool", but I really don't care much. I'd go so far as to paint a mod the same color as the car instead of just leaving the coroplast white, but I'm all for getting noticed too and eventually making people wonder "why did he do that", after they probably think "what the flip is that idiot doing with that ugly-ass thing?". Beauty to me is something that is ugly or noticeably different in aesthetic to the status quo, but works significantly better with no other compromises.