View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
maverick21016
EcoModding Lurker

For the tank page I went out to look in my car and it's no longer ticking... I think when I noticed that at work yesterday I had pushed a button when I was flipping through pages to check the odometer readout. The odometer is spot on.

20 ma with the backlight off is nothing. I think I will disconnect though if I leave it for longer than a week. I do lose all of my user settings if I disconnect it correct?

I've read through the 100+ tips several times and do my best to incorporate them when I drive. I think the biggest thing I'm looking for as far as tips goes is how should I determine the best pattern for acceleration? I mean I can accelerate incredibly slow and that keeps my Instant MPG readout as high as possible through the acceleration but that measure is very low compared to what I get at cruising speeds. So if I'm taking forever to get to cruise speed I'm going to hurt my overall average it seems like. I know there's a happy medium between accelerating too slow and accelerating too quickly and was hoping this gauge could help me find that sweet spot for my acceleration. Unfortunately I do a considerable amount of city driving so really zeroing in that best acceleration is going to be my best chance for improving economy I think.

Thanks again for the help! As soon as I get enough posts I'll put up some pictures.