View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
The AX's 650kg is very tempting, though I doubt that's for the diesel. The Saxo was a slightly better version of the 106 - more options, more weight - but the post-lift 106 was about the same.
When you look at the newer city cars (eg Citroën C2), they all weigh over 1000kg, while the 106/Saxo was in the 800-900kg range. That's what safety, A/C and power-everything will do
The VW Lupo 3L is lighter than other versions (850kg), but I've seen ads for reducing the weight down to below 550kg! This allows the driver to have a B1 category license (age 16) instead of B (age 18). But Lupo's are 2-3 times more expensive than 106's. But it's good to know that losing that much weight is possible. If you're lucky you can find on of the few Lupo's with manual transmissions instead of the Tiptronic BS. Excuse me while I wipe my saliva...

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Mod, have you weighed you 106? I wonder how it's weight compares to what's in the papers.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread