View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #332 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Currently in college doing basics, waiting to transfer to a university for Petroleum Engineering. Grew up in hot rods and drag racing. My 1st car was a '69 CST10, my second was a 1990 Firebird which is what I had when I 1st joined here. Sold the bird to finish the truck and drove it for a year now, over 20,000 miles on a truck that was a stripped out shell for 5+ years at least. In that time I bought an '86 Chrysler Laser as a toy for $55, for some shenanigans. It went to the scrapper after that. And a few weeks ago bought an '87 CRX HF for work (Domino's delivery) to save money to continue building the truck. I also wanted a little change of pace in my daily driving, so the feather-weight, stick shift little CRX was perfect for what I was looking for, a great little go cart. Even while being thrashed it's getting 36mpg

I've never been a green person, nor a fan of Hybrids much (There's much better ways to do it, IMO), but I like engineering things, building things, and the result of working with electric R/C cars for the past few years, seeing life sized versions of these cars as home-made EVs is interesting. It also gives me a chance to expand my knowledge of cars into the other side, lol. But, there's lot to be learned in efficiency and aerodynamics that interests me more than anything.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues