View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
animated_zombie
EcoModding Lurker

Alli - '07 Ford F-150 XL
90 day: 13.95 mpg (US)

DIYWRX - '16 Subaru Crosstrek Prem - SE
90 day: 25.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimepting View Post
Mix some bondo in a stryofoam cup. I think you will find that the two materials an incompatible. There was an earlier discussion of materials here on this site, but I don't have the immediate link. Do a search.

On grill blocks, you don't want to do anything to make them permanent. Most folks have to remove all or part of their grill blocks in hot weather.

Though the following link does not address materials directly, there were several posts which did have valuable information on materials:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ght-12153.html

Coroplast is a very nice "sheet" type material. It is the corregated plastic used for signs. If you can find some old political signs you might FINALLY put them to good use ;-) Also, cardboard can be used for short term experiments.
I like the cup idea, that's really brilliant. I'm checking the link now, so thank you for that.

Quick question though, I remember reading through the AeroCivic thread, and he had a small opening on a line to open and close it and need be. You said that most people remove their grille blocks in warm weather. Is completely necessary to remove all of them, or just a small opening?

(As I'm typing this I'm thinking, why don't I jut try it and watch my temp gauge... But seeing as I've already typed the question I'll ask anyway )