View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pappnese
EcoModding Lurker

CGVES - '99 Chrysler Grand Voyager ES
Thanks for the welcomes and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I'm sure you can do a few mods to it. Airing up the tires to max sidewall is quite an easy one.
I had them to something in between the car manufacturers specs and max sidewall, but I have maxed them out now They are brand new Michelin Energy Savers, so they have rather low rolling resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post

Yeah, everyone says that in the beginning
OK, I have to admit, I just came home after visiting the hardware store, I bought some sheet metal and something to cut it with Took a look under the car, and there, about a foot rear of the front tires, I found mudflaps, almost 20% of the car width EACH, hanging almost to the ground. I figure they are there to protect the floor (which is plywood). Also, there is a couple of transverse beams supporting the plywood (which is a little more than a foot wide, from the "frame beam" out), behind the mudflap. And if I fasten a little sheet metal, from the mudflap and about 3 feet back, this will cover it all, and there will be a flush surface between the side skirt and the "frame beam" instead of a ground-sweeping mudflap, a 3 inches deep hole and a couple of transverse beams And the wood should be at least as good protected as well.

Quote:
Try engine braking on the downhills.
Engine braking and DFCO is a well known concept already Also trying to learn how much throttle I can give it in different speeds without the lock-up releasing. Can't wait for the ScanGauge to get some precision to this.

Quote:
A grille block and a block heater since you live in a cold climate.

Remove any racks or railings from the roof, those hurt bad.
The car is equipped with a block heater, but unfortunately I don't have access to any outlet where I park. The car also has a Webasto gas heater, but that doesn't save much fuel, I guess Roof racks are long gone, but the rails are still there. Haven't looked into removing them yet.