View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
JacobAziza
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
I'll go out and say "herd speeding", is safer than "herd trying to avoid one slow cow in a skinny stockade". Laws are one thing, but logic and real life tend to win-out. You shouldn't have to, by all means, speed your car up to an unreasonable speed to appease another driver, but vica-versa if you're blocking them on a road where passing is not an option. The most you can do is "be the better man", and do what's best to alleviate the problem. It does mean compromising.

Being a dick and slowing down more maybe fun, but certainly isn't safe, as par some opinions here..
Speeding is the single largest factor in injury and fatality accidents. The idea that driving the same speed as traffic around you is safer is a myth.

P.S. Texan; the number of deaths and injuries due to "road rage"? Seriously? You think that number is higher than the number of deaths and injuries due to speeding, tailgating, and aggressive driving?

Road rage: about 300 deliberately caused deaths and injuries in the US, total, ever (according to wikipedia)

Accidents due to speeding and aggressive driving: about 95% of the 2.5 million deaths and injuries due to car accidents in the US in just one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?

Last edited by JacobAziza; 06-21-2010 at 11:24 PM..