View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
I'd get that car if I were you, Tim. I didn't like my EX so much when I found out about its gearing, but I'm starting to really appreciate it. I think the ultimate 7th gen civic would have the HX motor, EX 1-4 gear ratios, then a "nerd gear" tall 5th gear. I'm beginning to suspect that my high gear ratios are actually advantageous for P&G because the pulse is over so quickly. I'd be very curious to try an HX out on a fuel economy course that I've already done with the EX and see how I do. Initially I think I'd do better with the HX, but now I'm reconsidering. I feel like lean burn really is only useful on the highway when I P&G as much as I (we) do, but boy would I like to have it. BTW my car is for sale too - $2400 . I'm almost done getting the CRXFi on the road.

PS: On my trip up to Montreal for the FE rally, I got 53, on the way back I got 56 (with premium E0 Quebec gasoline). I was all about P&G on the nice rolling 1000 islands pkwy, but on I81 I hardly ever cut the engine, and I average 60mph (I DWL very slightly). 650 miles roundtrip.

Last edited by Wonderboy; 06-24-2010 at 12:20 PM..