View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
New radiator in the Jeep

I recently had to replace the radiator in my Grand Cherokee. It was seeping, but not at the plastic end tanks... I didn't overheat yet, but it wasn't too long till it would.

I was also beginning to lose trans fluid...

I'm always amazed how much stuff costs these days. But was pleasantly surprised to find Radiators, automotive radiators, condenser, oem radiators, truck radiators. I ordered a 2 row ALL METAL radiator for just $135 delivered....

Purty, huh?

Anyway, I am going to have to look for a warmer thermostat. This new radiator seems to be running TOO cool. Almost two lines lower on my temp gauge. Problem is, I don't what temp thermostat is in there. So I need to get a real gauge on it.

With my new job, I ride in a vanpool, so I don't often get to drive my Jeep for work anymore. This week I had training away for the work place and put better than 500 miles on the Jeep. Pleasantly, even running the AC, I still managed 20.2 MPG for the last complete tank.

I HAVE managed almost 200 miles of offroad travel in the last month, and a camping trip. I really LOVE my Jeep. But then again, its not a true MPG monster... But doggone, it sure runs cool... Pretty important considering I intend to pull my tent trailer with it...

Last edited by zjrog; 06-26-2010 at 02:40 AM..