View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
NiHaoMike
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03sl500 View Post
Having read through this thread, my question comes more from the A/C maintaining it's cooling effect while in autostop mode. Living in AZ, I use the a/c a lot, and when the car engages the 15 cc electric scroll compressor it just doesn't cool the car while in operation during the summer, especially during the monsoon season (higher humidity). So my question is, insulating the low pressure line, will this help in maintaining the cooling capacity during the electric mode?

Note: this has been an issue since the car was purchased new, not to mention, I've read other blog posts mentioning the same complaint all of which have come from the southwestern part of the country.

Cheers,
Jason
Set it to recirculate, then turn up the fan. Let the wind chill effect work with you.

Allie Moore and I have a combined carbon footprint much smaller than that of one average American...