View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslover911 View Post
Well I can run a Tee off the injector which already needs a pump in the first place so I wouldnt really need anything else...

I was thinking any change in throttle is going to be directly reflected by the engine running leaner or richer... so the O2 sensor would detect that and tell the injector to act accordingly ... or no?

Maybe im thinking WAY to simple lol
Re: The pump - you'd need a power valve, then, because you don't want your accelerator jet always leaking fuel. More complexity.

Yeah, the injector would reflect changes in air mass. Safest bet would be to nix the accelerator jet, setup the injector control to run rich at all times, and allow the O2 to adjust the mixture back to stoich as necessary. That would protect the engine, but waste fuel for throttle dynamics. It probably wouldn't be so bad, though. Again, we're talking about a very small engine.

Why not build something like this, and tweak it after you get it working? It's easier to ask/answer questions once you've actually identified issues. It's nice to think hypothetically, but that's all it'll ever be unless you force yourself past the obvious objections and "just do it", then fix the problems once they're physically present.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christ For This Useful Post:
basslover911 (07-01-2010)