View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #543 (permalink)
vavatee
EcoModding Lurker

Hi guys! First of all, many thanks for the great work on this project.

I've built the Obduino using Dueminalove with Atmega328 and the 33290 chip. The software is Obduino32k rev.167 from hxxp://opengauge.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ Revision 167 compiled with arduino-18.
Testing it on my 1998 Mercedes-Benz C240 (w202) i've faced the same problem, as bigmoe88 and mattjreilly did earlier: Obduino won't connect to the car unless i compile the code for ISO14230 Slow. When it connects, zeros are displayed in PID value areas. I was monitoring the transmission with my oscilloscope, and the thing is that while initialisation procedure is running, i can clearly see that obduino is talking to the car, and the car answers. However, by the end of initialisation, when PID values appear on the display, the transmission completely stops (as seen on the oscilloscope).
Also, one interesting thing is that i connected to my car using Carman Scan II and Launch X431 and checked, what protocol the car uses to communicate. Both scanners were able to connect using ISO9141-2 and refused to connect using any other protocols.
I ask for your assistance solving this problem.

Last edited by vavatee; 07-08-2010 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: typing error