View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Yah, the legal discussions are not usually productive, and for one car that might not be in a testing area (in Austrailia no less) it may be moot. Certainly we can discuss the technical details legally without getting into a legal quagmire.

My concern is that he has a narrowband o2 sensor and his ability to deviate from stoich with feedback is going to be hampered.
The truth is if the car passes emissions it is legal, if the area he is in has no requirements it is legal.

Also a better question is not if its legal but if its MORAL, is it moral to use more fuel and make more emissions or moral to use significantly less fuel and make less overall emissions but more of one type that only affects massive city's?

Most nations excluding the US allow lean burn as Nox is really only a smog problem in big city/massive urban centers, on its own it usually reacts into harmless compounds.

The question I have always had is how many ticks past stoich can a narrow band O2 see?

Also he may already run a tad leaner than the US counterpart anyway as I don't believe Aussies cared too much about Nox like most civilized countries.

Cheers
Ryan