View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #172 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
The first round of tests were encouraging. alas most of them were census tanks IE virtually city driving :-) I am not working for the census anymore but lack the time or funds to go get more ethanol free gas. On the way home from geopalooza I will get some more if I have the cash since I will pass right by it but 3 days after geopoo I have Naram and that is an expensive trip.

you can go over my fuel log to see the tank by tank.

I got some joe gas and my FE dropped to 43mpg that tank. (not in the log yet) I am not able to get upwards of 50-52 on ethanol (I never did have this car in the summer till now) so I am itching to go to ethanol free and see if I can crack 60mpg.

the project as a whole is largely dead though I think. Come September it will be illegal for any gas station in PA to sell Ethanol Free gas and I had no volunteers and no data. No one is going to take the word of one person no matter how solid the data is.

I might get some interesting data from my Clubwagon though. 1680 miles each way to colorado and back. I should be able to get some E0 out in the midwest so we shall see what the tank to tank results net me.