View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dr. Jerryrigger
EcoModding Apprentice

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliber View Post
I updated my mileage...I got a whopping 1 MPG improvement =)...well technically 0.99 =P. I am very satisfied, yet I know I could have done better, especially on the last 1/3 tank. I drove around my girlfriend's girlfriends and didn't want to seem like slow driver. I don't know them that well, so I wouldn't want them to get a weird impression of me. I guess part of this hypermiling is psychological also =P. If I drove better, I'm sure I would have achieved that 30MPG goal. I'm going big for my next goal...I'm going to remove my mudflaps in hopes to decrease any sort of drag it may create; I'm also having tint installed which will hopefully cool my car down enough to not have a/c on as much; and lastly, I plan on detailing my car, and when I do, I'll remove my roof rack to hopefully decrease any more drag. 30MPG is inevitable, so my new goal is 31 XD
I just got a 31.99 tank (with my check engine light on)! but that was 98% highway, and my girlfriend's girlfriends already think I drive like an old lady , but that doesn't come up much as I generally have a back seat full of junk and tools.
I don't think the mud flaps are bad, but they could use improving. If they were shaped like the back of a tear drop they would likely help.
P and G is working well for me, but I don't know what you have for hills. It's best on roads you know well, but always: safety first!