View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #94 (permalink)
shorty_boy
EcoModding Lurker

Not trying to thread jack, But I'll give you guys some updates on what I'm doing. I have the OBD2a ecu for this engine (manual) and I just pulled the cut harness off the engine to inspect it. Two Days ago I went to the junk yard and pulled the interior and the engine harness (cut) from a manual Civic`96 CX. I will have to compare the schematics but it looks like the CX has more wires on the engine harness than the JDM engine. I have the portion from the ecu to the engine bay minus the sensors from the CX.

Even though the colors match up, there seems to be a repetition of Green and Black wires that are throwing me off (they have similar markings). Because of this I went on Ebay and picked up a `98 civic EX harness. It was an auto to manual conversion but it is obd2a so it should be plug and play minus the 3wire IACV to 2 wire and the second o2 sensor.

I'm taking lots of pictures and will put my own write up when I am done because there is limited resources online and I have not seen anyone do a complete obd0 to obd2 wiring swap yet. Unfortunately I will do a lot of soldering but that could be good because I will also put up a wiring diagram for which pin does what.

Last edited by shorty_boy; 07-24-2010 at 05:46 PM..