Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #91 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

There is no auto HF, they were all 5-speeds. The "std" or "DX" was the only CRX offered with an auto-box.

IIRC, the CRX clutch disk changed diameter at some point during the 89 model year. I don't remember if it grew or shrank slightly, but I believe you can use the smaller disk with the flywheel that used the larger disk without issues, as long as you get the spline count right for the trans input shaft and clutch disk.

I had not heard that auto axles had smaller inboard ends. I have heard that the HF axles and CVs were smaller and less sturdy than the DX and Si versions, but I haven't verified that myself.

...I'd like to hear an update on this project as well! I'm now considering one of the lean-burn motors for my Si when the D16A6 finally gives up the ghost.

-soD

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
There is no auto HF, they were all 5-speeds. The "std" or "DX" was the only CRX offered with an auto-box.

IIRC, the CRX clutch disk changed diameter at some point during the 89 model year. I don't remember if it grew or shrank slightly, but I believe you can use the smaller disk with the flywheel that used the larger disk without issues, as long as you get the spline count right for the trans input shaft and clutch disk.

I had not heard that auto axles had smaller inboard ends. I have heard that the HF axles and CVs were smaller and less sturdy than the DX and Si versions, but I haven't verified that myself.

...I'd like to hear an update on this project as well! I'm now considering one of the lean-burn motors for my Si when the D16A6 finally gives up the ghost.

-soD
You're correct about the HF thing. I knew that, but I apparently worded it incorrectly for others to see. Regardless, as far as I know, the disc diameters have always remained the same for 88-95 D-series, and even up into 2000+... the difference has always been spline count, that I was ever aware of.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #93 (permalink)
Blow stuff up

S2000 - '03 Honda S2000
Team Honda
90 day: 24.42 mpg (US)
Subscribed for updates. Very interested in a similar setup for my 88 sedan.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #94 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Not trying to thread jack, But I'll give you guys some updates on what I'm doing. I have the OBD2a ecu for this engine (manual) and I just pulled the cut harness off the engine to inspect it. Two Days ago I went to the junk yard and pulled the interior and the engine harness (cut) from a manual Civic`96 CX. I will have to compare the schematics but it looks like the CX has more wires on the engine harness than the JDM engine. I have the portion from the ecu to the engine bay minus the sensors from the CX.

Even though the colors match up, there seems to be a repetition of Green and Black wires that are throwing me off (they have similar markings). Because of this I went on Ebay and picked up a `98 civic EX harness. It was an auto to manual conversion but it is obd2a so it should be plug and play minus the 3wire IACV to 2 wire and the second o2 sensor.

I'm taking lots of pictures and will put my own write up when I am done because there is limited resources online and I have not seen anyone do a complete obd0 to obd2 wiring swap yet. Unfortunately I will do a lot of soldering but that could be good because I will also put up a wiring diagram for which pin does what.

Last edited by shorty_boy; 07-24-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #95 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Noobs Rights???

Well not a demand but a humble request. is it possible to provide a simple, easy to do wiring diagram for P2J-003, installed on a M/T D15B 3 stage vtec. this is s very desperate request and i am very hopeful that one of you more experienced guys will take some time for new comers like me.
thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #96 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have been using this site as a general obd2a guide . . . < < < FF-SQUAD.COM > > >. . .

Here is one of their diagrams .:FFS TechNet : OBD2a ECU Pin out Schematics :.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #97 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Smile Thanks Shorty Boy

Many thanks Shorty, i have seen this page before, yet i must thank you. as said earlier i love cars but have just started to really learn to fix them after getting robbed by mechanics again and again. Is it possible to get a wiring harness diagram so that i can learn which wire goes where and fix my civic myself? i'll appreciate support.
Live long and live happy
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #98 (permalink)
EcoModder!

ratatouli - '01 honda insight
Wanted to post a link to this other thread I just found, which seems to be excelent. I will be coming back to the project soon. D15b 3 stage engine control - Page 3 - D-series.org
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #99 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am running my manual civic 98, with newly installed D15B Vtec # stage with right ECU (P2j-003). I am driving it both on petrol and CNG (most cars are running on CNG due to high cost of petrol). I am still getting CEL. Now my electrician tell me that ECU is not saving changes he made??????
I got another P2j-003 and will be giving it to him but I need your comments on ecu not saving changes??@#%*
So plz comment.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #100 (permalink)
EcoModder!

ratatouli - '01 honda insight
How is he "saving changes" to that ecu? That doesn't seem possible. They are obd2 and not friendly to modification or reprogramming. Where are you located?

Reply  Post New Thread