View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Grim
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromod View Post
Hey there,
This is my first post. You're very ambitious to be making all these changes to your ride. I am thinking of getting a Previa, but the low mpg is a bit discouraging. I guess that is what modding is all about, though. Why settle for less.

That being said, are there any other vehicles similar to the Previa that do get better gas mileage to start with?

Also, have you ever heard of pre-vaporizing fuel to increase efficiency. How about adding a fuel cell to add a little umph? These might be bad ideas from an explosive stand point

Anyway, glad to be here
Mpg is a factor of weight, gearing,parasidic drag (both mechanical and aerodynamic). The previa is about as clean as it gets for the size. Interestingly the sc models has higher gears 3.73 then the non sc models that make the vehicle turn lower rpm on the hwy. But the sc gets worse mpg. Non sc owners frequently report mid 20's and those with manuals report high 20's. This may be a explained by the engine is in it's sweet spot. But the sc is on the verge of lugging and not disengaging the super charger.
I wonder if putting 4.10 and a manual transmission on a sc would be an improvement.