Thread: Hi from Hungary
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
alvaro84
Master EcoModder

Teresa - '04 BMW F650CS
Motorcycle
90 day: 80.53 mpg (US)

The YARDIS - '99 Toyota Yaris 1.0
90 day: 59.52 mpg (US)
Hi from Hungary

Hi everyone! I've regged to this site because I saw a living motorcycle forum here I've already member at gassavers and cleanmpg. In case there's some feud between sites I don't know about, please forget it What I do is generally not understood by the biker sites' community at all, I need these sites (and I learned a lot from them).

I live in a Hungarian village called Vértesacsa with my girlfriend and work in the nearby town (Székesfehérvár) which is a 2*25km commute for me. When I moved out of my mother's place in town I decided to cover the distance by a motorcycle and took the license accordingly - and I still don't have a car. I'm having an eye at the peak oil and environmental problems, my choice roots here, it's some kind of damage control - but I learned to enjoy riding very soon and I always hunger for experience so I had quite a few road trips around in Hungary and in the surrounding countries (Austria and Slovenia is just the beginning). It's clear that I need a damage control for my damage control - it's hypermiling
Beside energy efficiency I'm also interested in photography and interesting cultural... things. I don't know how to classify religions, folclore and made-up stories and worlds together It includes anime and the Touhou series too, therefore I cosplay too...

h.ttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/shiNIN666/Con/640b.jpg

h.ttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/shiNIN666/Con/Sakuracon2010/Useless.jpg

The name of my 'damage control' also comes from an anime (Claymore) - she's called Teresa. How on Earth could I name a silver BMW F650CS (early 2004, ABS) anything else???

h.ttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/shiNIN666/motor/640540.jpg

h.ttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/shiNIN666/link/aye_boss.jpg

I keep a lifetime mileage log of both of our bikes - we bought another one for my girlfriend too and now she has the riding license too, we visited Slovenia a few weeks ago together. The other bike is Ciliegia, a 2005 Hyosung GV250, another choice made keeping FE in mind. Mileage log also led at cleanmpg and gassavers. Man, why did I enter one more FE oriented site?

Ok, ok, I'm off, I have a game to program (it's not my job, just another crossover hobby)...

OK then, I'm new, no images for me. I hope I can get away with a few disguised links...