View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
ShadeTreeMech
Basjoos Wannabe

The Van - '97 Mercury Villager gs
90 day: 19.8 mpg (US)

Lyle the Kindly Viking - '99 Volvo V70
90 day: 25.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Anyway, I don't need to go all the way to the Isles to see left-hand driving, I just drive through rural Poland on a Friday or Saturday night. The drunk drivers are all over the road
Too much Sobieski being served? Being a lover of vodka and 25% Polish to begin with, drinking from what is purported to be from my grandfather's homeland is comforting, somehow.

I suppose to understand why the brits drive on the dark side, you have to understand their priorities. In left hand drive, the steering wheel is managed by the left hand (genereally speaking, the weaker hand) and the shifting by the right. So one could interpolate that the American was more concerned with shifting than steering

I look forward to more roundabouts in this backwards country. It is especially nice, I think, in a low traffic volume intersection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I think you missed the point I was trying to make, which is that it's not rational to do either speed or fuel economy mods for economic reasons. You do it as a form of recreation, for the fun and for the challenge.