View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Scangauge Newbie Questions

Hi,

A couple of newbie questions about the SG2 if I may, I'm sure they have been covered before and I am going through the manual just now.

The car is a TDI PD 130 ASZ engine code. I know the MPG will be inacurate based on what I have read here but I would like to do a comparison between the SG2, the onboard readout (which is always optimistic) and calculating MPG based on fill ups. Plus I want the other readouts - TPS, MAP and Intake Temps.

1. Calibration - the manual states to put the tank size in but mine is under-reported. The 'official' size is 45 litres (aka 9.9 of the queen's own gallons) but I can regularly get nearer 55 litres in by using the reserve (pressing the vent knob inside the filler neck). Do I put in the official size or what I think it is or something in between ? The manual suggests to understate it I assume so that the range is pessimistic and you don't run out, which would be a bad thing.

2. US vs Imperial - the FAQ states

Quote:
Does the ScanGauge II support metric units?
Yes, the units of measure can be independently selected between Miles/Km, Gallons/Liters, Celcius/Fahrenheit, and PSI/KPA.
If you choose Km and Liters, fuel economy is reported as liters/100Km (LHK).
If you use Imperial Gallons when you do the calibration, fuel will then be adjusted to use Imperial Gallons.
so as I can't see something that says 'use imperial units' I assume during the calibration step it adjusts based on the fact I tell it so many imperial gallons went into the fillup. Kind of annoying as I want to tell it in litres (fuel is sold in Litres here) but have info in MPG (imperial).

3. Has anyone experimented with using the % adjustment in converting between wimpy sized gallons and the proper sized ones ?

4. If I mess it up during the calibration mind-meld, is there a reset function ? EDIT - I see the clear info now. Up to that page.

5. Any other advice ?

Its been like Christmas all morning, so this is me

And this is Mrs A