View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
If you always drive in areas that have cell service with a charged cell phone then sure, but once a tow truck shows up to help you with your flat tire then what do you do? if you had a spare in your truck they would change it for you, now they either tow you back to your house.
I got a flat once while out of state with no spare, it was 10pm on a saturday night, lucky for us the tow truck driver lived only half an hour drive away and took us to his house where he sold us a used tire and wheel, otherwise we would have had the joy of hanging out till the fallowing monday morning for a shop to open up that could sell us a set of new tires, if we had a spare with us we could have fixed it our selves and saved 3 hours, if the tow truck driver wasn't so nice it would have cost us 36 hours.
I also use my jack all the time to look under my car and the cars of other people to see if a wheel bearing is going out, to unstick stuck parking brakes, to fix a tire that had a bulge in it and caused the car to shake violently and to fix the exhaust.