View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
cons
EcoModding Lurker

Odd - '04 Ford Ranger
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Wow, it's great to get such a positive reaction here! None of my coworkers care. They drive huge trucks and I try to sell them streamlining but to no avail.

Got some new pics up on picasa on Matt's kammback & wheel skirts.

Thanks Robert, I think most people think it's a bit odd. I'm also thinking about putting black coroplast over the cap with windows in key places. I haven't done coast downs yet, waiting to finish the boat tail first and better rear wheel skirts. Finding the right road is going to be tough too. Summer in Jxn is tons of cars unless you go on dirt roads. I don't do P&G, I take a mile to get up to 60mph, then hold it consistent with plenty of room to coast if I see somebody is braking ahead. Never hit the brakes. Roll stop signs, take corners fast, shift low, and steady foot. I had a car for 3 years that was always on the verge of dying, so I learned to drive that thing as easy as possible, to the detriment of passengers. Now I'm the biggest backseat driver too, constantly saying "engine braking!" when people let their foot off the gas too much without need.

Frank, I'll work on transferring my fuel log onto the site here. I just found that yesterday.

Doax, I just noticed you live in Germantown, I grew up in Mequon! Anyhoo, the belly pan only covers the first third. The next two thirds will be tough. It's such a jumbled mess under there and I don't want to create a wind scoop. I tried just doing the back third before and that happened. I'm not going to have the plastic for that til September. The exhaust system also hangs low.