View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #210 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn
Wonderboy - I'm going to be up in Binghamton on the 31st. Any chance I might be able to catch you somehow, and see this magnificent beast?
Aww, sorry I missed you. I was in Colorado (haven for rust free old cars and trucks) for a bit, but now I'm back. PM me if you're coming through again sometime.

Busy with that good old "other stuff", I have been focusing less on this project. It's just not as exciting to get it done when you've got the engine in and you can drive it around

I did put a rug in the car and it is WAY less noisy. I'm considering interior door panels as well because the bits on the door rattle around like crazy. I also got climate control working! This is huge - I tried driving it in the rain recently, and let's just say I won't do that ever again without a blower on the inside of the windshield.

I took it to get inspected, but I forgot that one of my corner indicators fell off. According to NY state law, I must have front indicators for L and R facing forward. According to the inspector, if the car was originally equipped with corner indicators, they must be operating and on the car to pass inspection :-/. Oh well. I'll get it inspected one of these days.

She also leaks oil. Not too bad, but not just a couple drips either. Looks like maybe just a gasket btw the dizzy and the head. hopefully. I've been playing around with the timing lately to get it to a sweet spot for accelerating from a complete stop (it's still a little "chunky" and must be revved a bit more than I'm used to to get moving. Also after bolting the ECU down, the "skipping" has gone away, although there is still a "missing" feeling sometimes, I think exclusively in second gear. It is not nearly as severe as before, and may sort itself out after I manage to solder all of the connections I made (most are currently pinchy-solderless connectors).

As soon as I get it "driving normal", I'll proceed with the mods.