View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #3659 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
The only references I could suggest is going to evtech.org and signing up to the list. They have lots of knowledgeable people on there. 5 people will give you 10 excellent opinions about how to do something, and you can take what you want. I don't really know anything about electronics (I just modified the speedy controller from Ian in Australia, and then a friend made the control board for me), so if you find any good books, please let me know too.

By the way, I think a higher voltage version would be great! And I have no problem whatsoever if you changed your mind later and wanted to sell anything you want. I'm a big believer in everyone doing whatever they want (except like killing people) to help electric car stuff to keep getting better! And if someone can make some money on it, then great!

Nevin, I can email all the stuff to you, and you can figure out all the posting processes. Yuck. I hate that part. Once I tried to learn subversion (or whatever it was called) and made no progress whatsoever. I only know how to add attachments to email. Any sort of official "collaboration" or whatever makes me feel like I'm entering the movie Office Space, and I develop a serious case of the Mondays.