View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
After my 320 mile drive yesterday I have some data to share.
It is not hard data but it is intersting.
I ran into some rain while driving 55 , I watched to see how the water doplets built up/ moved on the window and mirror area. The passenger side had less rain on it and the pattern was even. The drivers side had a big gap from where the mirror was. I took some pictures and some movie clips but can not post them up for a few days.

As for MPG, 3 weeks ago I drove this same route, there was more wind (10 -15 MPH stonger this time) and I did not get in any drafting. Last time I got 44.1 MPG and this time with all my mods (side skirts, Kammback, top grill block, and mirror removal) I got 46.6 MPG. Also this tank had 100 miles on it before I started my trip. when I started the trip the tank AVG was 40.1 because of my Kammback testing. So all in all I saw a minimum of 2.5 MPG better (I think it should be higher by 1 or 2 MPG). I had gused (from testing and oproximations that my gain would be ~ 3% or 1.5 MPG).

Once I have time I will need to do some more ABA testing, both with the mirror and with all my mods!