View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Achtung
Pickup Driver *gasp!*

Charlie - '97 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup W/T
90 day: 24.14 mpg (US)
Well, to help get this topic back on topic...

I bike to school every day! It's not far though. Only about 12 minutes. Did it all winter, except for a couple times where I had to wear a suit for presentations. And when we had a week where it was -40 in the mornings. It definitely helps me save money for books and tuition. It's also fun, yes! Sometimes I get so into it on the way back home that I just drop my bag off at the house and continue riding around for an hour or more.

The only thing about it is that I made a poor choice when I bought my bike. Of course I got a mountain bike, they were definitely the in thing growing up. I got it in grade 9, and I just graduated from highschool well a year ago. And of course a kid wants to get the one that looks the meanest right? This thing's a brute. thick frame, dual suspension, very thick tires. Shoulda got a road bike.

I'm thinking eventually I'll get a bicycle that fits my needs, and then I'll tinker around with the brute, motorize it, y'know? I'm not good with electronics, so I'd put one of those gas or nitro RC motors, or a weedwacker motor on it. Meh, it's probably just another project that won't get done.