View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
MARTINSR
EcoModding Apprentice

The SHOW - '95 Ford SHO Taurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pletby View Post
I'd better stick to answering the original question!

For me, I stick to the right lane when possible, ride the ridge if someone presses me, or even throw on the 4 ways if they don't get the message. If you're on a two lane you might have to speed up a touch to prevent retaliation.

So far no one's really done anything stupid, and in traffic with lights, most people just stay back there once they've figured out I'm timing the lights.
I have to say I seriously doubt more than one a month have the brains to figure out you are timing lights. The average driver hasn't a clue, they don't have a friggin idea about anything on earth other than the fact that you have 100 feet between you and the car in front of you and they want to pass you so they can be 5 feet from it. You are stealing from them almost a second of their commute for goodness sakes. Don't you realize that by the time they get to where they are going they will save 12 and a half seconds if they didn't have people like us in the way.

The average driver really thinks they are going to get there faster if they are 5 feet from the car in front of them. They really think they can get there faster if they make it thru one of the 15 stop lights they go thru every trip. They REALLY think this! I am sorry, so few have a clue I just laugh at them as they pass.

Brian

The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (08-22-2010)