View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Olympiadis
oldschool

White2003Focus - '03 Ford Focus SE 4-door sedan
Team Ford
90 day: 38.53 mpg (US)

White2001S10pickup - '01 Chevy S10 extended cab LR
Last 3: 24.51 mpg (US)

1989DodgeOMNI - '89 Dodge Omni
Last 3: 30.38 mpg (US)

1991ChevyC1500pickup - '91 Chevy C1500
Last 3: 24.03 mpg (US)

White1986Irocz - '86 Chevy Irocz LB9
Last 3: 30.14 mpg (US)

1999 C5 Corvette - '99 Chevy Corvette

2008 Infinity G37 - '08 Infinity G37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
Because it is petty and absurd. There are legitimate reasons for an officer to leave the motor running whether you realize it or not. If you feel you are being 'picked on' it shows you have no tolerance for opinions that differ from your own.

Apparently you wanted your statement to be unanimously accepted with no disagreement. My motive was to respond, and that is most of what takes place on discussion lists. But what is YOUR motivation?

If you are so bothered by a patrol car with its engine running while the officer is on duty I suggest you address your complaint to the chief of police in your community. I'd like to hear the reply you receive.
I wasn't complaining. I was just stating some facts.
It's your right to find facts absurd.
To me, your posts are coming across as absurd.

You were basically telling the O.P. that he was legally wrong for his attempt to be efficient.
I pointed out the irony.

Wait until the police can start handing out tickets for waste, inefficient driving, crimes against the environment, etc... leaving their vehicles running non-stop all the while.

Personally I don't care that the police are wasteful. If I spent a whole shift in a squad car I'd want to have the A/C on all the time too. It would be a real shame for them to be smelling bad when they approach other people.